The Beating Heart of our Economy: Labour’s Plan for Small Business
The Labour Party knows the value of small businesses; you are not just the lifeblood of our communities but essential to our economic success.
That is why we have launched an ambitious plan to support small businesses.
- Legislate to tackle late payments: Unlocking £20 billion in unpaid invoices
- Scrap business rates: And replace it with a system that is fairer for bricks and mortar businesses
- Revitalise our high streets: Tackling anti-social behaviour and powers to take over empty shops
- Boosting small business exports: Removing the barriers to export with clear information and support
- A new direction for skills: With Technical Excellence Colleges connected to local economic needs
- Get Britain building again: By speeding up the planning system and unblocking the grid
- Make Britain a clean energy super power: For cheaper bills and greater energy security
- The best place to start up and scale up: With better access to finance and more spinouts from universities
- A fair chance at public contracts: With guaranteed shortlisting for smaller firms
Jonathan Reynolds MP, Shadow Minister for Business and Trade, will be taking this plan on tour to listen to your experiences and get your feedback.
If you run an SME, we would love you to join us – please fill in the form below to be invited to a future event.