Corbyn to tell rally: ‘Blustering’ Boris Johnson has no plan for the country as Labour makes pledges to the country
Jeremy Corbyn will tell a rally outside parliament, the new Prime Minister is making promises of massive tax giveaways to the richest but has no plan to tackle the real challenges the country faces. The Labour leader is expected to say:
“Never mind the bluster and arm waving, he’s got no plan for this country. No plan on Brexit, no plan to rebuild our public services, and no plan to tackle the climate emergency.
“He spent his leadership campaign, promising tax giveaways to the richest, and the big corporations. And he’s threatening a No Deal Brexit, staking all of our futures on a sweetheart trade deal with Donald Trump that would risk the takeover of our NHS by US corporations.”
The Labour leader is expected to say Boris Johnson has appointed a hard right cabinet peddling reheated Thatcherism and empty promises:
“This Prime Minister wasn’t chosen by the people, he was chosen by fewer than 100,000 unrepresentative Tory Party members.
“You deserve your say. Whether that’s in a public vote on Brexit or in a General Election, so everyone has the chance to decide the future of our country.
“The choice will be between Johnson’s divisive government for the wealthy few – and a radical Labour government that will bring the country together and deliver for the many.”
Jeremy Corbyn will launch a series of pledges to the country if Labour wins the general election.
- Increased funding for the NHS with more nurses and doctors to give patients the care they need.
- A Real Living Wage of £10 an hour and no increase in Income Tax or National Insurance for 95% of people.
- A Green Industrial Revolution creating 400,000 jobs.
- Free school meals for all primary school children and reduced class sizes for all 5, 6 and 7 year olds.
- Keep the Winter Fuel Allowance, free TV licences and bus passes for pensioners.
- A public vote on any Brexit deal. Labour will campaign to Remain against No Deal or a bad Tory deal.