Labour is the party of the NHS
Labour is the party of the NHS and we will always value and celebrate everyone who works within it. You are the heart of our national health service and deserve our thanks and appreciation. But it isn’t enough to clap for our carers – you also deserve a government with a plan to get the NHS back on its feet. Labour is the only party with that plan.
We want to work with you to:
- Fix recruitment and retention of NHS staff, with proper workforce planning and policies that support your career progression and job satisfaction.
- Tackle the waiting list, by giving you the option to do properly paid shifts to design and deliver extra clinics.
- Give NHS staff the modern technology they need to work effectively, with a Fit for the Future fund that is enough to double the number of CT and MRI scanners in five years.
- Free up GPs’ time to see their patients by launching a ‘Red Tape Challenge’ to cut out unnecessary and irritating bureaucracy.
- Improve mental health services with 8,500 new staff and professional mental health support in every school and every community.
- Rescue NHS dentistry with 700,000 more urgent appointments a year, incentives for new dentists to work in areas that need them most, and a targeted toothbrushing programme for young children in our fully funded breakfast clubs.
Labour’s plans will be paid for with the funds raised by scrapping tax loopholes for private schools and non doms.
We want to work with you to deliver a Labour Government so we can make this plan a reality.
If you work for the NHS and support the Labour Party, we’d love you to join us – fill in the form below to be kept in the loop about health related events and announcements.