Although the Labour Party is not a charitable organisation, it is possible to remember the Labour Party in your will, in the same way you would a charity. Leaving a gift to us in your will is straight forward to do. So, after your loved ones are cared for, we’d love you to consider supporting us.
By leaving a gift in your will to the Labour Party today you will be joining a growing community of more than 2,000 fellow Party members and supporters who have already remembered us in this generous way.
If you have already remembered the party in your will, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Simply click here to get in touch or email [email protected] Our fundraising team are passionate about ensuring that supporters of the Future Fund are properly thanked. They may also wish to contact you to share updates or invite you to Future Fund-related events.
If you are a solicitor enquiring on behalf of your client, please email your enquiry to: [email protected] and a member of the team will be in touch.
How to write or amend your will:
Our Free Wills Guide is designed to guide you through your options and assist you in writing or amending your will in a way that feels right for you. The guide also explains the different types of future gifts you can pledge to the Party.
You may also wish to visit our Future Fund FAQ’s page.
Simply click the button below to request your Free Wills Guide, which will be sent to you via email.
Write a will online with Bequeathed
The Labour Party has partnered with Bequeathed.org (Link to our URL) an online free* wills service, operating nationwide. Bequeathed are currently partnered with more than 100 UK charities and FCA registered law partners. Making a will via Bequeathed is really easy and we especially recommend using this service if your personal and financial circumstances are uncomplicated.
Write your free* online will in just 5 easy steps:
- Visit Bequeathed.org/Labour and make an account.
- Complete the online interview, to create a draft will.
- Attend a free 30 minute telephone appointment* with an FCA accredited law firm to check your draft meets your requirements.
- The law firm will then email or post your will back to you for you to sign and have witnessed.
- Return the signed copy of your will to Bequeathed who will securely store it at no extra cost to you
*Bequeathed’s accredited legal firms donate up to 30 minutes of their expertise to help you make your free will. For most people, that will be all they need. If you have complex family circumstances, multiple properties, business assets or foreign property, you will require additional advice. Where that is the case, a Bequeathed law partner will provide you with a quote. It’s up to you whether you wish to accept.
Amending your will to remember us
We are often contacted by members and supporters who already have a valid will and simply wish to add the party to it. Quite often people do not realise that they can remember the party in their will until after their will has been written. For this purpose, we have created a Codicil form. This legally binding form allows you to make simple amends to your will, without having to have it entirely re-written.
Please read the instructions outlined on the Codicil form carefully and when in doubt, please seek advice from a solicitor.
The Future Fund Supporters Programme
The Future Fund Supporters Programme brings together members and supporters who have chosen to leave a future gift to the Labour Party.
It is up to you whether or not you choose to join; you will be given the opportunity to do so after notifying us that you have pledged a future gift in your will. Joining is a great way to connect with people across our movement. You can also expect to receive:
- A “thank you” card from the current Leader of the Labour Party
- Bespoke quarterly communications, in addition to your regular Party ones (if you are a member)
- A complimentary pass to Annual Conference*
- Invitations to Future Fund events & more
*This event is currently being held online due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Our pledge to you
Should you wish to support the Future Fund in your will, in return, we pledge to:
- Uphold the Party’s key values – Trust, Equality & Fairness – in everything we do.
- Campaign every day to make our country the best place to grow up and grow old in.
- Invest your future gift in the best possible way.
- Share regular updates about the progress of the Future Fund Campaign
- Respect your wishes. Should you wish to retract your future gift pledge, you can do so at any time.