Find an event Volunteer Labour's Shop
Join Labour Take Action


My Welfare

Making a complaint


At the Labour Party we take complaints very seriously and will do our best to address any concerns raised. Through the effective handling of complaints we aim to ensure the rules of the party are upheld and the party provides a place where members feel comfortable to engage in political activity and debate in a welcoming environment.

Fairness is at the heart of everything we do in the Labour Party, and a robust procedure for dealing with complaints is vital in order to ensure all our members are treated fairly. We hope you won’t have cause for complaint, but if you do we aim to deal with the concern in a prompt, transparent and fair manner

The procedure for making an official complaint

Should you wish to make a formal complaint, the first step is to put your concerns in writing to the National Complaints Team. You should include as much detail as possible, and try to include:

  • Summary of complaint
  • Dates and times of any relevant events
  • Name of individual the complaint is about (if relevant) including any information that will help identify them
  • Any evidence that supports your complaint (including screenshots if the complaint relates to social media or other websites)
  • Names of witnesses who may be able to provide an account

You can contact the National Complaints Team at or you can send your complaint to the below address:

National Complaints Team
The Labour Party
105 Victoria Street

Complaints of Sexual Harassment

The Labour Party strives to provide a safe space for people to engage in campaigning and other political activity.

The Party has a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and will take all complaints of this nature extremely seriously. If you experience any behaviour that you feel amounts to sexual harassment towards yourself or anyone else then there are various routes you can take within the party’s complaints process.

You can report it through the party’s dedicated complaints portal or you can get advice and support from our free advice service operated by the independent charity, the Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre.

More information about all available options can be found in the links below.

Up next

Contact the Labour Party